Choose the best possible education for your child.
By learning more about education, and becoming aware of your parental rights and responsibilities together with your child's educational options and opportunities, you CAN obtain the best possible education for your children.
Find answers in our Frequently Asked Questions, email your concern, or call the family and community "help desk" at 609-633-7318 during normal business hours. For matters which can best be handled at the local level, we invite you to contact your county office.Ask DOE Contact a
Engage in the educational process.» Información para los Padres
Assist in your child's education.Getting Your Child to Write More
Life-long Learning Tips
Tips for Helping Your Child K-12
Parent-Teacher Conference Tips
Early Childhood Education
USDOE Helping Your Child Series
What Should Your Child know by the
End of His/Her Grade Level?
Spending Quality Time with your Child Pays Off
Child Drug Abuse: What's New? (DEA)
The Truth About Drugs: A-Z (DEA)
Navigating Your School System
Cartoon History of NJ
Learn about the educational process.
NJ School Report Card
Are Teachers Prepared?
Career and Technical Education
Facilities for the Future
Children With Special Needs
New Graduation Rate Coming
Hurricane Sandy Resources and Information
How to Help Middle Grade and High School Students Set Goals
School Health and Safety
You did WHAT at School Today? (Safety)
Beginning with Preschool
How Does Your School Measure Up?
Law and Policy
Parent Involvement in NJ Title I Schools
Ask about your child’s education
1. Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cut-off date for kindergarten entry in New Jersey?
- Can my child be admitted to first grade after transferring from a kindergarten program in an out-of-district public or private school?
- Is kindergarten mandatory in New Jersey?
- What is the cut-off date for preschool entry in New Jersey?
- Is preschool mandatory in New Jersey?
- More Frequently Asked Questions . . .
2. Ask the DOE
Parental Help Desk: 609-633-7318