Resources for Policy Makers
In working with English Language Learners (ELLs), the Common Core standards provide an opportunity for students to truly master the skills across grade levels. Students are more engaged in the academic experience and actively participating in instructional activities that require them to be innovative and critical thinkers. "
Ericka Okafor, Bridgeton District Supervisor of Bilingual Education
- Achieve, Inc.'s On the Road to Implementation: Achieving the Promise of the Common Core State Standards: This report seeks to identify the key areas that state policy makers will need to consider for successful implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Conservatives for Higher Standards: Highlights the roles Conservatives played in standards reform initiatives, the development of the Common Core State Standards, and relevant information on aligned assessments.
- Conservatives for Higher Standards' documents, "American Principles Project's Claims vs. Facts" and "Eagle Forum's Claims vs. Facts": Brief fact-checks on commonly heard misconceptions about the Common Core State Standards.
- Center for American Progress' A Guide to the Common Core: Presents a compilation of fact sheets on the Common Core, assessments, and selected state-specific information, including New Jersey. Also provides links to Common Core-related commentary.
- Democrats for Education Reform's More Work Ahead on Common Core infographic: A visual aid to describe school superintendents' support and thoughts on why states need the Common Core State Standards.