Transition from School to Adult Life» Home
Drop-out Prevention Strategies - Links to organizations, information, and resources that address the issue of drop-out prevention for students with disabilities.
- High School Dropout Prevention from America’s Promise Alliance - America's Promise Alliance resources to address dropout issues, including Grad Nation, a new tool comprising the best evidence-based practices for keeping young people in school paired with suggestions for effectively preparing them for life after high school. The America’s Promise Alliance is the nation’s largest multi-sector collaborative dedicated to the well-being of children and youth.
- The National Dropout Prevention Center for Students with Disabilities (NDPC-SD) - NDPC-SD was established to assist in building states’ capacity to increase school completion rates for students with disabilities through knowledge synthesis, technical assistance, and dissemination of interventions and practices that work.
- Check and Connect - Check & Connect is a model of sustained intervention for promoting students' engagement with school and learning. Demonstrated outcomes include: decrease in truancy, decrease in dropout rates, increase in accrual of credits, increase in school completion, and impact on literacy.
- Dropout Prevention - The goal of this practice guide is to formulate specific and coherent evidence-based recommendations for use by educators addressing the challenge of reducing dropping out, a challenge that lacks developed or evaluated packaged approaches. The guide provides practical, clear information on critical topics related to dropout prevention and is based on the best available evidence as judged by the review panel.
- Approaches to Dropout Prevention: Heeding Early Warning Signs With Appropriate Interventions - A thorough report on dropout prevention from the National High School Center, a central source of information and expertise on high school improvement issues.
- Improving High School Graduation Rates - This brief from the Center for Evaluation & Education Policy addresses the significance of high school dropout trends and summarizes the programs which aim to prevent students from leaving school before graduation.
- Tool Kit for Creating Your Own Truancy Reduction Program - A practical toolkit from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention for addressing truancy and increasing school engagement.
- The Role of Parents in Dropout Prevention: Strategies that Promote Graduation and School Achievement - This Parent Brief from The National Center on Secondary Education and Transition provides information and practical tips to helpfamilies make sure their student with or without disabilities graduates.