Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying (HIB)
New Jersey has been a leader in the establishment of a strong statutory, regulatory, policy and program framework to support the prevention, remediation and reporting of HIB in schools. Provided below are information and resources to aid schools in the establishment of HIB policies, the adoption of HIB program strategies, the implementation of proactive responses to HIB and the adoption of effective HIB reporting procedures.
Resources Supporting the New Jersey Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights
- All References below can be found at the New Jersey Legislature's website:
- N.J.S.A. 2C:16-1 Bias intimidation
- N.J.S.A. 10:1, Civil Rights
- N.J.S.A. 10:2, Antidiscrimination Provisions
- N.J.S.A.18A:37-13 through 17