INTERVENTION & REFERRAL SERVICES
Each district board of education is required to establish and implement a coordinated system in each school building, in which general education students are served, for the planning and delivery of intervention and referral services (I&RS) that are designed to:
1) Assist students who are experiencing learning, behavior or health difficulties; and
2) Assist staff who have difficulties in addressing students’ learning, behavior or health needs.
Each district board of education also must choose an appropriate multidisciplinary team approach for planning and delivering the intervention and referral services. Provided below are information and resources to support the effective implementation of the I&RS regulations (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8).
- All Kinds of Minds
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
- NJDOE Learning Resource Centers
- Resource Manual for Intervention and Referral Services(I&RS)
- Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children
- Intervention and Referral Services (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8) under the Programs to Support Student Development Chapter (N.J.A.C. 6A:16) of Administrative Code
- N.J.A.C. 6A:14. Special Education
- N.J.A.C. 6A:32-7. Student Records