Immunizations Regulatory Oversight
Immunization requirements for children to attend child care centers, preschool facilities and schools in New Jersey, both public and private, are established by the New Jersey Department of Health NJDOH.
- Immunization Regulations Q & A - October 2012
(from NJDOH website: http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/reporting.shtml)
- Minimal Immunization Requirements Table For School Attendance In New Jersey [word 34k] [pdf 29k] July 2012
- Age-Appropriate Vaccinations for Licensed Child Care Centers/Pre-School [word 25k] [pdf 20k] March 2010
- Vaccine Requirements for Childcare and Pre School in New Jersey
[Brochure pdf 965k ] [Flyer pdf 705k]
- N.J.A.C. 8:57-4.3 and 4.4 Immunization of Pupils in Schools rule, Religious and Medical Exemption [pdf 30k]
- Additional Immunization Requirements for School Attendance 6/18/2009
Childhood and Adolescent Recommended Vaccines : http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/vaccine_chart.pdf
Please direct questions concerning immunization requirements to the VPDP at 609-826-4861
The New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS), also known as the Immunization Registry, is the State's official web-based immunization registry designed to store immunization information for infants, children, adolescents and adults for a lifetime. If a parent is interested in enrolling their child in the Immunization Registry, they should contact their health care provider, school or local health department for more information. More information is available at NJIIS.
The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Vaccine Preventable Disease Program encourages school nurses to register for NJIIS training and learn of the Immunization Registry benefits: http://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/njiis_mandate_faq.pdf
Public schools in New Jersey are required by N.J.A.C. 6A:16- 2.2(g) to maintain a summary record of student immunizations on form A-45, the New Jersey Student Health History and Appraisal Form
Download the form at http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/health/records/hha.shtml