FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Year Four: July 1, 2001 June 30, 2002
Wave 14: February 7, 2002
- More than 35,300 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund - Year 4.
- This fourteenth wave notified 327 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: $207.6 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $8,310,357.32. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $44,334,939.22, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $2.1 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave fourteen: 17.
- The number of agencies notified in this fourteenth wave: 9. (New Jersey comprised 4% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 5 (2 Abbott district(s) received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 3
Public Libraries: 1