Funding Year 2002 (Year 5): July 1, 2002 June 30,
Wave 1: April 19, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This first wave notified 9,300 school and library applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: $189 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $10,983,556.25, which is 6% of national total thus far.
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave one: 510.
- The number of agencies notified in this first wave: 301
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 143 (11 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 117
Public Libraries: 41