Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002
June 30, 2003
Wave 13: October 2, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This thirteenth wave notified 2,180 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $578.4 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $10,771,746.57. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $32,708,154.28, which is 2.4% of national total thus far (nearly $1.4 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave thirteen: 51.
- The number of agencies (applicants) notified in this thirteenth wave: 50. (New Jersey comprised 2.3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 11 (5 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 32
Public Libraries: 0