DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002
June 30, 2003
Wave 15: October 30, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service
Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This fifteenth wave notified 518 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $28.5 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $1,618,481.69.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $34,328,896.95, which
is 2.4% of national total thus far (over $1.4 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave fifteen: 6.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifteenth wave: 5. (New Jersey
comprised 1% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 3 (1 Abbott district received awards in
Nonpublic Schools: 2
Public Libraries: 0