Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002
June 30, 2003
Wave 16: November 13, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This sixteenth wave notified 300 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $42.4 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $5,327,591.94. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $39,656,488.89, which is 2.7% of national total thus far (over $1.4 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave sixteen: 16.
- The number of agencies notified in this sixteenth wave: 9. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 4 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 4
Public Libraries: 1