FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 2: May 2, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This second wave notified 2,700 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $107.6 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $4,897,169.11. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $15,880,725.36, which is 5% of national total thus far (approximately $297 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave two: 220.
- The number of agencies notified in this second wave: 130. (New Jersey comprised 5% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 83 (7 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 44
Public Libraries: 3