DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 24: February 6, 2003
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service
Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This twenty-fourth wave notified 78 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $50.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $83,753.85.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $40,628,452.17, which
is 2.2% of national total thus far (over $1.8 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twenty-four: 4.
- The number of agencies notified in this twenty-fourth wave: 2. (New
Jersey comprised 2.6% of the total national funded applications for
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 2 (1 Abbott district received awards in this
Nonpublic Schools: 0
Public Libraries: 0