FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 3: May 17, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This third wave notified 2,564 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $94.2 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,543,184.45. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $18,423,909.81, which is 5% of national total thus far (over $391 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave three: 141.
- The number of agencies notified in this third wave: 92. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 57 (No Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 31
Public Libraries: 4