DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 4: May 30, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service
Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This fourth wave notified 2,550 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $61.5 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $1,167,656.29.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $19,591,566.10, which
is 4% of national total thus far (approximately $452 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave four: 137.
- The number of agencies notified in this fourth wave: 96. (New Jersey
comprised 4% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 48 (2 Abbott district(s) received awards
in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 40
Public Libraries: 8