DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 1: April 23, 2003
- For Funding Year 2003 41,146 E-Rate applications were received for
the Universal Service Fund.
- This first wave notified 13,946 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: nearly $181 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $9,601,121.15,
which is 5% of national total.
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave one: 724.
- The number of agencies notified in this first wave: 433. (New Jersey
comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 200 (10 Abbott district(s) received awards
in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 184
Public Libraries: 49