FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003 June 30, 2004
Wave 19: December 24, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This nineteenth wave notified 156 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $50.7 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $611,721.77. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $41,169,657.94, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $1.6 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave ninteen: 3.
- The number of agencies notified in this nineteenth wave: 3. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 2 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 1
Public Libraries: 0