DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 2: May 7, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund
Funding Year 2003.
- This second wave notified 2,494 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $44 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $3,640,492.63.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $13,241,613.78, which
is 6% of national total thus far (over $225 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave two: 223.
- The number of agencies notified in this second wave: 137. (New Jersey
comprised 5% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 87 (3 Abbott districts received awards in
Nonpublic Schools: 36
Public Libraries: 14