Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 1: April 23, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This first wave notified 3,848 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $36.9 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $1,395,399.96, which is 4% of national total thus far (over $36.9 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave one: 98.
- The number of agencies notified in this first wave: 59. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 26 (2 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 25
Public Libraries: 8