Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June 30, 2005
Wave 11: January 7, 2005
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This eleventh wave notified 2,677 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $510 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $15,847,020.80. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $41,643,039.05, which is 3% of national total thus far (nearly $1.6 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eleven: 98.
- The number of agencies notified in this eleventh wave: 57. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 44 (8 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 7
Public Libraries: 6