DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June 30, 2005
Wave 11: January 7, 2005
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding
- This eleventh wave notified 2,677 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally
to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $510 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $15,847,020.80.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $41,643,039.05,
which is 3% of national total thus far (nearly $1.6 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eleven: 98.
- The number of agencies notified in this eleventh wave: 57. (New Jersey
comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 44 (8 Abbott districts received awards
in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 7
Public Libraries: 6