Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 4: June 3, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This fourth wave notified 3,353 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $78.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $1,478,304.83. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $6,466,585.83, which is 4% of national total thus far (over $178.7 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave four: 79.
- The number of agencies notified in this fourth wave: 55. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 27 (5 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 24
Public Libraries: 4