Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 7: June 29, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This seventh wave notified 310 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $19.2 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $520,526.31. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $12,872,380.82, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $374.9 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave seven: 34.
- The number of agencies notified in this seventh wave: 21. (New Jersey comprised 7% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 15 (0 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 3
Public Libraries: 3