Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 8: July 16, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This eighth wave notified 2,808 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $328.1 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,795,011.41. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $15,667,392.23, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $703 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eight: 137.
- The number of agencies notified in this eighth wave: 92. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 54 (3 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 29
Public Libraries: 9