Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 14: September 28, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This fourteenth wave notified 728 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $20.7 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $638,432.72. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $18,306,765.61, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $647 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave fourteen: 49.
- The number of agencies notified in this fourteenth wave: 34. (New Jersey comprised 5% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 15 (2 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 8
Public Libraries: 11