Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 5: July 27, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This fifth wave notified 692 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $45.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $964,622.58. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $8,895,285.61, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $391.3 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave five: 51.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifth wave: 32. (New Jersey comprised 5% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 23 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 9
Public Libraries: 0