Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 7: August 8, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This seventh wave notified 593 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $27.9 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $624,050.59. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $10,476,573.79, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $486.8 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave seven: 38.
- The number of agencies notified in this seventh wave: 23. (New Jersey comprised 4% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 16 (0 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 4
Public Libraries: 3