Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, notice is hereby given that the Government Records Council will hold a regular meeting, at which formal action may be taken, commencing at 9:30 am, Thursday, October 9, 2003 at the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) offices located at 101 South Broad Street in Trenton, New Jersey.
The agenda to the extent presently known is listed below. Immediately upon coming to order, the Council will enter into closed session for legal advice. The public session and consideration of cases is expected to commence at approximately 10:30 a.m. in Room 129.
- Public Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:30 a.m.)
- Call to Order
- Meeting Notice
- Roll Call
- Public Statement of Purpose of Closed Session
- Closed Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:35 a.m.)
- Reconvene Public Session (DCA, Room 129, approximately 10:30 a.m.)
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Personnel Matters
- Appointment of new Acting Executive Director
- Staff changes
- Approval of Minutes
- Public meeting of September 11, 2003
- Closed Session of September 11, 2003
- Attorney General Advice: Meaning of "Knowingly and Willfully" under OPRA
- Attorney General Advice: Whether a school board attorney is considered a "public official, officer or employee" subject to penalties under N.J.S.A. 47:1A-11.
- Responses to proposed custodian consequences policy.
- Complaint Adjudication*
- Jackson v. Kean University: Case ready for adjudication
- Spielholz v. Township of West Orange (2003-88): Case ready for adjudication
- Unfinished Business
- Shain v. Township of Lakewood (2002-111) Status: Council to consider custodian penalty.
- Blanchard v. Rahway Board of Education (2003-57) Status: Council to consider attorney and custodian penalty.
- New Business
- Public Comment**
Notice to Parties
* Parties with cases being considered for adjudication have been notified that the matter is on the Council's agenda. Neither attorneys nor other representatives of the parties are required to attend this meeting nor will they be permitted to make oral or written comment during the adjudication.
**In the interest of time, speakers are limited to five minutes. Speakers with prepared testimony should provide eight (8) copies for the Council and present a summary.