The New Jersey Legislature’s web site provides the full text of the Laws of the State of New Jersey.
- Testing Pregnant Women and Newborns for HIV -- N.J.S.A. 26:5C-15 et seq (P.L. 2007, c 218)
- Bloodborne Disease Harm Reduction Act -- Allows up to six municipalities to establish needle exchange programs as part of a demonstration project. N.J.S.A. 26:5C-25 et seq (P.L. 2006 c. 99)
- Minors’ Consent to Medical Care or Treatment -- N.J.S.A. 9:17A-4 (P.L. 2005. c. 342)
- AIDS Assistance Act -- N.J.S.A. 26:5C
Up-to-date information on all proposed and adopted rules, orders, notices and extensions is available on the Department’s Rules page.
The HIV/AIDS regulations below can be found online. LexisNexis provides free public access to the New Jersey Administrative Code and the New Jersey Register at http://lexisnexis.com/njoal.
- N.J.A.C. 8:61 School attendance by persons with HIV; AIDS Drug Distribution Program; Counseling and Testing of Pregnant Women for HIV; Disclosure of Children’s HIV/AIDS Status.
- N.J.A.C.8:44-3 State Sanitary Code, Limited Purpose Laboratory -- Rapid HIV testing at Department-funded counseling and testing sites.
- N.J.A.C. 8:57-2 Reporting Requirements for HIV/AIDS
- New Jersey AIDS Health Fraud Task Force