The Local Health Evaluation Report (LHER) is an assessment tool that measures local health agency performance in the implementation of Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey (NJAC 8:52).
The LHER includes sections on:
- Core public health services
- Organizational capacity
- Workforce development
- Governmental public health partnerships
- Community health partnerships
- Community health planning
- Emergency management and response
- Regional specialized services and expertise
and many other areas of public health practice.
Local health departments can access the LHER and instructions at the Local Health Evaluation Report page.
What do the Practice Standards say about the LHER?
8:52-5.2 The Local Health Evaluation Report shall be completed annually
and in accordance with the format developed and promulgated by the Office of Local Public Health no later than February 15 of the succeeding year for which the performance is being reported.