After registering with CMS though the National Level Repository (NLR), hospitals will be directed to the New Jersey Medicaid Attestation Application (available through the provider portal section of www.njmmis.com) to submit their New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program attestation information and applicable supporting documentation. Hospitals will have to re-attest each participation year prior to receiving an incentive payment.
- The Acute Care Hospital meets or exceeds the required 10% Medicaid patient volume threshold.
- The eligible hospital is not currently receiving an incentive payment from another state for that federal fiscal year.
- The eligible hospital has adopted, implemented, or upgraded a certified EHR. (Year 1 Only)
- The eligible hospital attests to meeting the meaningful use criteria associated with the facility's year of participation and applicable stage. (Year 2-3 Only)
- The EHR product used is certified and the eligible hospital provided a Certified HIT Product List (CHPL) number, available at http://onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert.
- The eligible hospital attests that all information provided to the New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Attestation Application is accurate and complete.
An eligible hospital can demonstrate adoption, implementation and upgrade activities through any of the following:
- Acquiring, purchasing or securing access to certified EHR technology
- Installing or commencing utilization of certified EHR technology capable of meeting meaningful use requirements
- Expanding the functionality of certified EHR technology capable of meeting meaningful use requirements at the facility, including staffing, maintenance, and training, or upgrading from existing EHR technology to certified EHR technology per the ONC EHR certification criteria.
Documentation required for attestation for adoption, implementation, and upgrading of certified EHR technology includes, but is not limited to:
- Certified HIT Product List (CHPL) number which verifies that the EHR is ONC-ATCB certified,
- a signed contract between the facility's EHR technology vendor and the facility,
- training invoice,
- screenshots or
- other documentation of adoption, implementation, or upgrade activities.
New Jersey will require applicable documentation as a mandated component of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program attestation process, including for the first year. This documentation should include the formal contract or purchase order used to establish the adoption, implementation, or upgrade of certified EHR technology and include any backing material to the hospital's patient volume and payment amount calculations. This information can be uploaded as part of the attestation process and the Attestation Application allows a variety of formats, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Excel files
- Microsoft Word files
- Adobe PDF files
- Other image files in both JPG and PNG file formats (TIF, TIFF or BITMAP named files will not be accepted due to concerns over file size)
Tip: All files will need to have date and time of creation noted, preferably on the image itself. If not noted on the image, the date/time will be derived from the file properties. The file size is limited to 1 megabyte (MB).
Hospitals should keep all documentation supporting attestation for 6 years in case of audit.