To burn this program onto CDs and flash drives, or to post onto your organization’s intranet, you will need to download a zipped file for each Module. If you have a Mac, unzipping may be an automatic process. If you have a PC, you may need unzipping software such as WinZip or 7-Zip. If you need help, contact your organization’s information technology (IT) personnel for assistance.
Instructions: How to Download and View the Modules
- Right-click on the link for the Module (or hold the control key down while clicking on the Module).
- Select Save to Disk or Save Link As... from the pop-up menu.
- Select the location where you want to download the file and click Save.
- Wait for the download to complete, then click Close.
- Unzip the module -- Go to the location where you saved the Module on your computer and unzip or extract the file. If you do not know how to unzip or do not have unzipping software, get assistance from your organization’s IT support.
- Once the Module is unzipped, double click on the Module folder.
- To view each Module...
|On a PC, double click on the Launch_Presentation.exe file.
|On a Mac, double click on the Player.html file.
- A security warning may ask if you want to run this file. Click Yes. Give it a few seconds to open and you’re ready to go. Make sure your speakers are on. (The Modules will not work properly if files are moved.)
NOTE: Attached to each Module are one or more pandemic flu resources.
If you have a PC, you can access these resources by clicking on the “Resources” tab located at the top right corner of the window. Your computer’s default browser will open the resources. Your computer’s security settings may block the content or warn you that the content could harm your computer. These resources are safe. Please change your computer’s security settings so that you are able to view the content, or contact your organization’s information technology (IT) personnel for assistance.
If you have a Mac, you can access these resources by opening the folder that you downloaded along with the Module. Double click on “Data,” then “Resources,” and then double click on the resource file you wish to view.
Course Instructions [zip 7.5mb]
Here you will see how to navigate through the presentations at your own pace.
Module 1: Pandemic Flu Basics [zip 51mb]
This segment introduces you to pandemic flu. You will learn what makes a flu “pandemic” and how it may affect you and your community.
Module 2: Personal Planning [zip 41mb]
By the time a pandemic has started, it is too late to prepare. This module provides steps you can take now that will help protect you, your loved ones and your neighbors.
Module 3: Risk Reduction [zip 43mb]
Practice the techniques provided here to reduce your chances of becoming ill and spreading the flu to others.
Module 4: Impact on Health Care [zip 43mb]
This section discusses how our health care system may be affected by a pandemic and the government’s role in reducing the impact. It also describes four critical aspects of caring for flu at home.
Module 5: Pandemic Flu and the Workplace [zip 30mb]
Just as individuals and communities need to prepare for a flu pandemic, so do all public and private sector organizations. This module discusses how businesses can reduce the economic impact of a pandemic.
Module 6: Emotional Challenges of a Flu Pandemic [zip 45mb]
A flu pandemic may cause unique emotional stress. This module describes normal emotional reactions and provides tips on how you can cope now and during a pandemic.
It also explains how to identify reliable sources of public health information.
Final Quiz [PDF 15k]
Final Quiz Answer Key [PDF 15k]
Resources and Links [PDF 2mb]