What expenses are eligible?
The following incurred expenses will be considered and may be eligible for payment/reimbursement if found reasonable. The categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialized pediatric ambulatory care
- Addictions/mental health services
- Acute or specialized hospital care, both in and outpatient
- Physician care in all settings
- Medical equipment or disposable medical supplies
- Medically related home modifications and medical transportation
- Home health care
- Experimental medical treatment or pharmaceuticals following special review
A Financial Safety NetThis single parent of a teenager was faced with extraordinary medical debt when insurance denied coverage for her son's hearing aid. The hearing aid significantly improved his ability to participate in all aspects of daily life but the out-of-pocket cost was over $6,000 to the family. His mother was overjoyed to learn that the Commission had approved an award to reimburse her for the extraordinary cost of the hearing aid saying that the Fund had given her son "the gift of sound."