DAS believes that committees provide insight and best practice information in the development of programming. As such, DAS sponsors, supports and participates in multiple advisory boards, task forces, and committees which meet throughout the year. Click on each heading for more information about the group.
Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Task Force
- The Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Task Force will focus on exploring and making recommendations related to the following main issues: Evidenced-Based Treatment and Outcomes, Workforce Development and Competent Treatment Network, and Integrating Adolescent Systems.
Advisory Committee for Programs for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Disabled
- The Committee assists DAS to guide the alcohol and drug abuse programs for the deaf, hard of hearing and disabled, assuring they continually meet the needs of the community which they serve and that the funds are utilized in a quality manner, assuring maximum potential for the programs.
Citizens Advisory Council (CAC)
- The CAC serves as a primary vehicle through which DAS can communicate and collaborate with “consumers” in fulfilling its mission of developing and sustaining a system of client-centered care.
Co-Occurring Disorders Task Force
- This Task Force is convened and co-chaired by staff from DAS and the Division of Mental Health Services. The goal of the Task Force is to create a three to five year strategic plan that, when implemented, will articulate the vision of a co-occurring competent system of care for New Jersey.
New Jersey Statewide Coalition on Disabilities
- The Statewide Coalition on Disabilities and Addictions is comprised of agencies and individuals that are interested in learning and sharing resources with other professionals about disabilities and addiction issues.
Professional Advisory Committee (PAC)
- The PAC makes recommendations pertinent to substance use disorders and addictions to the Commissioner of the Department of Human Services through the Division of Addiction Services.