DHS Home > Division of Addiction Services Home > Addiction Services Home
Addiction Services Home
Addiction Services promotes the prevention and treatment of substance disorders and supports the recovery of individuals affected by the chronic disease of addiction. Addiction Services is responsible for regulating, monitoring, planning and funding substance abuse prevention, treatment and recovery support services in New Jersey. To achieve its mission, the Office provides leadership and collaborates with providers, consumers and other stakeholders to develop and sustain a system of client-centered care that is accessible, culturally competent, accountable to the public and grounded in best practices that yield measurable results.
- Develops and supports community-based prevention, education and early intervention services
- Supports and monitors substance abuse treatment services and treatment providers
- Is responsible for the development of treatment services for people involved in the criminal justice system with substance abuse problems and for the special needs of people who are deaf, hard of hearing or disabled, pregnant women, women with dependent children and adolescents
- Is responsible for ensuring licensure inspections and re-inspections to determine compliance with standards of all outpatient and residential substance abuse treatment facilities
- Monitors substance abuse treatment agencies for quality assurance and compliance with required assessment and treatment protocols, and with other contract requirements.
- Maintains and publishes a comprehensive and searchable statewide addiction treatment provider directory
- Oversees the Statewide Intoxicated Driving Program (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50), which processes the conviction records of drivers convicted of driving under the influence and schedules these drivers for detention, evaluation, education, and treatment referral by the county-based intoxicated driver resource centers.
Contact InformationAddiction Services
120 S. Stockton Street, 3rd Floor
Trenton NJ 08611
Click here to go to Mental Health Services