Office of Quality Management and Planning (OQMP)
Today’s OQMP was originally established in 2001 as the Division’s Quality Improvement, Audits and Technical Support Unit. Consistent with the fulfillment of our Mission and Vision, this Unit has evolved over time. Operational efficiency and effectiveness was enhanced in 2007 when the Unit was joined with the Office of Research and Planning, becoming the Office of Quality Management and Planning (OQMP). Also in 2007, the Office of Risk Management (ORM) was created within OQMP to further the Division’s capacity to identify, anticipate and mitigate risks affecting service recipients.
OQMP's Mission & VisionMission
To incorporate sustainable quality assurance and quality improvement principles in the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of supports and services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
To develop and implement quality management strategies that support the achievement of positive outcomes for individuals with developmental disabilities in New Jersey , and promote the health of the Division as an organization.
OQMP’s Core Functions
- Provide processes for information gathering, analysis, remediation and improvement activities;
- Develop outcomes that inform day to day decision making and establish benchmarks for service improvement over time;
- Support collaborative efforts to work with individuals, their families, and providers in all aspect of the quality management system;
- Emphasize follow-up activity and information to ensure completion of the Quality Management cycle;
- Ensure efforts to share information with Division stakeholders.
Office of Quality improvement
is a continuous cycle of planning,
acting, evaluating and improving.
|To contact us:
call (609) 631-2233
fax (609) 631-2222
e-mail: DDD.OQMP@dhs.state.nj.us or go to the Home page for the Central Office mailing address.