skip to main contentskip to main navigation
State of New Jersey Deapartment of Human Services title graphic  
Division of Family Development
DHS Home
Division of Family Development Home
About DFD
Services & Programs for Individuals & Families
Child Care
Child Support
Drug/Alcohol Assistance
Earned Income Tax Credit
Emergency Assistance (General Assistance)
End Hunger NJ
Energy Assistance Programs (DCA)
General Assistance (WorkFirst NJ)
Hispanic Outreach & Advocacy
Home Energy Assistance or LIHEAP - "Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program" (DCA)
Refugee Resettlement
SAIF - Supportive Assistance to Individuals and Families Program
Sandy Homeowner and Renter Assistance Program (SHRAP)
Social Services for the Homeless (SSH)
Special Initiatives & Transportation (SIT)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Supplemental Work Support
Support for Working Families (Post-TANF Support Services)
Transportation Assistance
Transitional Child Care
WorkFirst NJ (NJ's Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - TANF)
Career Advancement Vouchers
County Welfare Agencies/Boards of Social Services
Victims of Family/Domestic Violence
Drug & Alcohol Abuse/Criminal Convictions
Early Employment Initiative
Emergency Assistance
Families First Card Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
Health Care
Important Phone Numbers/Hotlines
Important Questions to Ask Your Caseworker
Individual Responsibility Plan
It Pays to Work
LIHEAP - Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Substance Abuse Initiative
Supplemental Work Support
SAIF - Supportive Assistance to Individuals and Families Program
Support Services
Support for Working Families (Post-TANF Support Services)
TANF Initiative for Parents (TIP)
Time Limits
Unemployment Benefits
Work Activities
Work Expenses
News, Publications, Reports & Resources
Information for Providers & Stakeholders: Contracts, Legal Notices
Division Staff & Contact Information
Public Advisory Boards, Commissions & Councils
OPRA Requests
New Jersey Helps
NJ 211 Community Resource Website
New Jersey Housing Resource Center
New Jersey Mental Health Cares Hotline
NJ Family Care

  • How do I register for work with the NJ Employment Service?

  • How do I get into an approved work activity?

  • What are my work activity options?

  • What if I am too sick to participate in my work activity?

  • What is an Individual Responsibility Plan, or IRP?

  • How can an IRP help me?

  • Do I have to quit school to go to work?

  • What is Community Service and when do I participate in it?

  • How do I get child care while I look for work or participate in a work activity?

  • Can I get transportation assistance?

  • Can I get Medicaid?

  • Can I get help with work expenses?

  • Can I get food stamps?

  • Can I get NJ FamilyCare?

  • How do I get help with a drug or alcohol problem?

  • What is the Kinship Navigator Program?

  • When I begin working, how do I get support services or benefits? Can I get:

    -Child Care?
    -Food Stamps?
    -NJ FamilyCare?
    -Earned Income Tax Credit?

OPRA - Open Public Records Act NJ Home Logo
Department: DHS Home  |  DHS Services A to Z  |  Consumers & Clients - Individuals and Families  |  Important Resources  |  Divisions & Offices  |  Commissioner & Key Staff  |  Disaster & Emergency Help & Information  |  Press Releases, Public and Legislative Affairs, & Publications  |  Providers & Stakeholders: Contracts, Legal Notices, Licensing, MedComms  |  Get Involved with DHS!
Statewide: NJHome  |  Services A to Z  |  Departments/Agencies  |  FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 - 2008