Mental Health Psychiatric Hospital Nurses
The Division of Mental Health Services operates five psychiatric hospitals that serve clients with mental illness who are in need of intensive, inpatient care and treatment.
As of April 2009, DHS Psychiatric Hospitals are...
- Ann Klein Forensic Center in Trenton serves 199 clients who have been determined by the courts to be "Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity" or "Incompetent to Stand Trial" or who require special security measures due to the nature of their illness.
- Ancora Psychiatric Hospital, located 30 miles east of Philadelphia near the town of Winslow, provides quality comprehensive care for its 587 adult clients in a variety of specialty settings.
- Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital, located in its new facility in Morris Plains, serves 442 adults and has provided a caring tradition for over 128 years.
- Senator Garrett W. Hagedorn Psychiatric Hospital, in Northwest New Jersey near the town of Glen Gardner, serves its 186 geriatric and young adult clients in a beautiful 600-acre, mountaintop setting.
- Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, located in Trenton near the Trenton Country Club, serves 437 adult clients following in the traditions of its founder Dorothea Dix.