NEW JERSEY STATE BOARD OF DENTISTRY
PUBLIC SESSION AGENDA
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY MAY 6, 2009
NOTE: The Public Session Agenda will commence at 10:00 A.M.
I. EXECUTIVE DIRECTORíS REPORT:
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: April 1, 2009
III. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
IV. REQUEST FOR REINSTATEMENT OF LICENSE:
1. Dr. Aleksandr Gurvich
V. PROVISIONAL ORDER OF DISCIPLINE TO BE FINALIZED:
1. Dr. Alexander Karapetian
VI. RESPONSE TO UNIFORM PENALTY LETTER:
1. Dr. Irina Mankovskaya
VII. REPORT FROM PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM:
1. Debi McGinnis, Dental Hygienist
VIII. REPORTS SUBMITTED PURSUANT TO N.J.A.C. 13:30-8.8:
1. Dr. Jason Hullett
IX. SISTER STATE ACTIONS:
1. Dr. Hugh G. Allen
X. ORDERS/SETTLEMENTS FILED BY THE BOARD IN THE MONTH OF APRIL 2009:
1. Dr. Azam Z. Sadatrafiei
XI. OTHER MATTERS:
1. American Academy of Facial Cosmetics - Information concerning hands-on course in Botulinum Toxin A applications and Facial Fillers.
2. Glenis M. Rosa - Question whether the local anesthesia course she took in Colorado is acceptable.
3. Correspondence from Daniel B. Krantz, DDS, President, New Jersey Dental Association requesting approval of a statement on bisphosphonate.
4. Correspondence from Marilyn Ward, DDS concerning teeth whitening.
5. Correspondence from Kenneth OíConnor, Esq. petitioning the Board for a finding that the use of dermal fillers by general dentists purely for cosmetic purposes is within the scope of practice.
6. Dr. Scott Bruggeworth - Inquiry concerning the selling of dental supplies on his website.
7. Inquiry from Cali Alexander, NJ Department of Health & Senior Services questioning whether the Boardís regulations allow for a wholesale operation out of a retail dentistís office.
1. 12:30 P.M. - Julia Solooki, Director of Operations, Oral Health Enrichment Presentation concerning their educational and remedial program.
2. 2:00 P.M. - Dr. Jon J. Lackner - Hearing in the matter of the suspension or revocation of Dr. Lacknerís license to practice dentistry in the State of New Jersey.