How to Apply
Apply now to reserve your place in the New Jersey Youth ChalleNGe Academy!
(Student maneuvers through Leadership Reaction Course)
Click on the "Pre-Application" link below to access an application for the New Jersey Youth ChalleNGe Academy. Please note that filling out an application does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants will be screened based on the following: meeting the basic eligibility requirements, application review and an interview.
Following is the pre-application that will be reviewed for acceptance into the NJYCA. Please note that completion of this application is for review purposes only and does not guarantee acceptance.
Acceptance will additionally be based upon an interview, meeting the basic eligibility requirements and completion of the official application. All applicants will be notified via U.S. mail regarding whether or not they have been accepted into the academy.
Download the pre-application here.
Completing and submitting the above pre-application is the first step in the enrollment process. This application will help us determine if you meet the basic eligibility criteria. You may print it, fill it out and send it to the following address:
NJYCA - RPM Dept.
Bldg. 5910, West 16th Street
Fort Dix, NJ 08640
Note: You will receive the official application in person when you are interviewed.
If you have any questions about the application or the entry requirements, please contact the Recruiting Office at the following telephone number: (609) 562-0577. Or you may contact the Recruitment Placement Mentoring (RPM) Office at one of the following email addresses:
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available here FREE in order to view and download the above NJYCA application.
- The applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and New Jersey.
- The applicant must be between 16 - 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be free from legal involvements; including probation, parole or any pending court matters.
- The applicant must be drug and alcohol free. Academy participants will be drug-tested while enrolled in the Academy.
- The applicant must enter the academy voluntarily.
- The applicant must be officially withdrawn from High School at least one month prior to entering the Academy.
A mandatory drug screen will be conducted either on In-Processing Day or during the Acclimation Phase of the academy (Weeks #1 - 2). Applicants may not enter the Hard Core ChalleNGe Phase if they test positive for the presence of illegal drugs.