Requesting Guard Volunteers
1. The first step in requesting New Jersey National Guard participation is to determine if your organization AND event meet the Department of Defense criteria for support. Click here to read the eligibility requirements.
2. If your organization and event meet the criteria, click here to view the types of events that may be supportable. If your request meets the necessary timeline listed, verify which form you will fill out to submit for support.
3. Next you will download the appropriate form. Click here to select and download the form.
4. Submit the form via mail to the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Domestic Actions Coordinator, 101 Eggert crossing Road, Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The Domestic Actions Coordinator will determine if the request meets the criteria for support. Expect a written response as to the eligibility of your event within two weeks after receipt of your request. Call (609) 530-7156 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
6. If your event is approved for support, your request will be forwarded to the appropriate National Guard unit or office. If a unit is able to support the request, you will be contacted by someone from the local unit for coordination.
A special thanks to the Texas National Guard for its contribution to this community support site information.