You will receive a registration renewal notice in the mail 3 months before your current registration expires. You may choose one of three procedures to renew your annual vehicle registration.
To renew online:
- Locate the PIN on the lower right corner of your renewal notice.
- Click here to begin the online renewal procedure.
- Online renewals can only be processed within a certain time window. The time window includes the two month before and two months after the month of expiration printed on your renewal notice. If you attempt to renew online during a time period outside of this window, then you will need to renew your registration using either option 2 or 3 below.
- If you lost your renewal notice and PIN and you are still within your renewal time window, you may call MVC customer support for your PIN.
$ Requires a convenience fee to process this transaction.
To renew by Mail:
- Review your registration notice to determine the proper payment amount.
- Provide the correct payment in the form of a check or money order and insert your payment into the return envelope provided with your notice.
- Insert the payment stub into the envelope and assure that the address shows through the envelope window.
- If you do not have the return envelope, you can mail your payment and stub to the following address:
NJ Motor Vehicle Commission
Revenue Processing Center
PO Box 009
Trenton NJ 08646-0009
To renew at an Agency:
Renewal fee payment options
- When renewing in person at an MVC agency, make sure to bring your insurance card, license plate number and payment.
For your convenience, MVC agencies accept American Express® card, Visa® card, MasterCard® card, checks, money orders and cash.