More More

Registering your snowmobile, Dirt Bike and ATV

To register your snowmobile, Dirt Bike or ATV, visit an MVC Agency:
  • Bring proof of insurance and at least one proof of ownership (see below)
  • Complete application BA-49
  • Pay fee and sales tax (if applicable)
Proof of ownership
If you purchased it from a dealership, provide the Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or Certificate of Origin (MSO or COO), an invoice with the date of purchase, make, model, year, serial number and the dealer's "Sales Tax Satisfied" stamp

If you purchased the vehicle from a private owner, provide a MSO, COO or the seller's registration that indicates the vehicle was sold and a notarized letter that includes:
  • Name of buyer
  • Date of sale
  • Make, model, year, serial number and purchase price
You will need to fill out sales tax information at MVC and will receive a "Sales Tax Satisfied" stamp upon completion.
The registration expiration date for all snowmobiles, Dirt Bike and ATV registrations is September 30th.

ATV and Dirt Bike use prohibited in state parks
All terrain vehicles and Dirt Bikes are prohibited in all New Jersey State Parks and Forests – no exceptions.

Use of snowmobiles in state parks

Properly registered snowmobiles are permitted in some areas of High Point, Wawayanda, Ringwood State Parks and the Stokes and Worthington State Forests in North Jersey. You can check with the park superintendent in advance for more details.

Contact the Division of Parks and Forestry at (800) 843-6420 for more information.