- Create/access your NJ Premier Business Services (PBS) account (step-by-step instructions).
- Add your business to your PBS account..
- Click on the Urban Enterprise Zone link under Select a Service Center in PBS..
- Complete and submit the UEZ Certification Application..
Instructions, procedures, and additional assistance are available throughout the application screens.
New Jersey's Urban Enterprise (UEZ) Program, enacted in 1983, operates under the Department of Community Affairs. The UEZ Program exists to foster an economic climate that revitalizes designated urban communities and stimulates their growth by encouraging businesses to develop and create private sector jobs through public and private investment.
In order to participate in the UEZ Program, your business must be—
- Registered with the State of New Jersey
- Located within one of the 32 designated zones
- Be in tax compliance with the State of NJ
- Certified by the New Jersey UEZ program
Helpful information is available on the UEZ Forms & Instructions web page.
Reduced Sales Tax – currently 3.5%
Tax Free Purchases on certain items such as capital equipment, facility expansions, and upgrades
Financial Assistance from agencies such as NJEDA
Subsidized unemployment insurance costs for employees who earn less than $4,500 per quarter
Energy Sales Tax Exemption for qualified manufacturing firms with at least 250 employees, 50% of whom are working in manufacturing
Tax Credit Options (owners may elect one of the following)
- Up to $1,500 for new permanent full-time employees hired
- Up to 8% Corporate Business Tax credit on qualified investments. UEZ Program
UEZ Program Assistance • UEZinfo@dca.state.nj.us • 877-913-6837 • Fax: 609-633-8004
NJ UEZ Program • Department of Community Affairs • PO Box 822 • Trenton, NJ 08625