Situated at the heart of the Northeast Corridor, New Jersey gives you access to more than 100 million consumers located within a 24-hour drive. Our transportation resources keep you linked to the global economy, allowing you to quickly ship via air, water, land and rail.
Expansion Management Magazine recently ranked New Jersey #1 in the U.S. in terms of transportation, warehousing and highway connectivity as well as #2 in the U.S. for railroad service. So, it’s no accident that many prestigious and profitable brands have major warehousing and distribution facilities in New Jersey. Further, New Jersey has a wide range of logistics companies calling the Garden State home including Jevic Transportation, New Century Transportation and National Retail Systems.
In a global economy where access is everything, New Jersey’s centralized location can help position your business for success.
New Jersey is one of the nation’s most strategically relevant locations for business, as well as a gateway for international trade.
- Our well-developed transportation infrastructure, proximity to the national market, and extensive warehousing and distribution capabilities literally give New Jersey access to the world.
- The state boasts major port facilities in Newark and Elizabeth, and on the Delaware River, in Camden, Gloucester, and Salem; two major international airports (Newark-Liberty, and Atlantic City); miles of rail lines; and a highway system that connect ports of entry to intra- and inter-state markets.
- Northern New Jersey ranks #3 in the U.S for best waterborne commerce and Southern New Jersey ranks #4.
- More than 620 million tons of freight—valued at over $850 billion—move through New Jersey’s ports every year.
Every business has different needs. And to best meet your unique needs for warehousing and distribution, New Jersey has a wide range of financial and technical support programs available to you including:
- Low-cost bond financing for remediation costs
- Incentive grants for job creation
- Rebates and low-cost financing for renewable energy systems, equipment and technologies
- Reimbursement for Brownfields cleanup costs
- Workforce training grants
- Regulatory assistance to secure project permits and approvals
For more information about New Jersey’s advantages, site selection services or for a customized proposal of New Jersey’s financial and incentive programs, call 1-866-534-7789.