Transportation / Logistics
With numerous railways and terminals, a comprehensive highway system, major airports and ports at both ends of the State, New Jersey offers the assets and infrastructure that allow in-state transportation companies to move forward and grow. In 2014, New Jersey was named by Area Development magazine as being among the nation's top 10 locations for port facilities and logistics.
New Jersey Advantages
- More than 38,000 miles of interstates and highways crisscross the State.
- New Jersey offers unsurpassed passenger rail service, plus extensive rail freight lines via CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern and Canadian Pacific.
- Ports include Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the largest maritime cargo center on the East Coast, and the South Jersey Port Corporation operating on the Delaware River, offering access to the Atlantic Ocean and specializing in break-bulk and container cargo. Plus, the soon-to-open Paulsboro Maritime Terminal will be an innovative, 200-acre omniport on the Delaware River--and an exciting new opportunity for marine-based businesses and shippers--in the heart of market-centric southern New Jersey.
- The State is home of two international airports: Newark Liberty, the 14th busiest in the U.S., and Atlantic City-plus Philadelphia, La Guardia and JFK airports are nearby.
- New Jersey boasts five strategically placed Foreign Trade Zones (FTZs).
- 585 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space is available.