The Training Bureau develops and administers Homeland Security and Preparedness Training throughout New Jersey in disciplines that include counter-terrorism, critical infrastructure assessment, intelligence and preparedness through active partnerships with federal, state, and other public and private sector organizations.
The Training Bureau is the central agency responsible for developing and administering programs for law enforcement personnel and other individuals on counter-terrorism tasked with homeland security and emergency preparedness responsibilities: including intelligence gathering, analysis and information sharing.
The Training Bureau develops and coordinates training for first responders and public and private sectors through performance of the following:
- Public and private sector training/briefing
- Train-the-trainer sessions
- Intelligence imitative and development
- DHS consortium partners and training
- Instructor-led training sessions
- E-learning (NJ Learn) online training and database
The OHSP Training Bureau's mission is to "Coordinate Homeland Security and Preparedness training and exercises throughout the state." Essential task include:
- To develop, administer, coordinate, and assess statewide training relevant to counter-terrorism, critical infrastructure assessments, and preparedness.
- To develop and present relevant computer-based training that can be accessed online by target audiences throughout the state.