Welcome to the New Jersey Housing Resource Center (NJHRC)!
The NJHRC is an online, housing information clearinghouse.
It has two major parts.
I. A place to list housing
The NJHRC a FREE online, searchable registry of
- Affordable Rental Housing (restrictions)
- Affordable For-sale Housing (must be under $350,000)
- Housing with Accessibility Features
Here are the benefits of listing properties on the NJHRC:
- The NJHRC in a Nutshell:
- The NJHRC is 100% FREE.
- Showcase your unit’s unique features: Select from 200 criteria to describe it.
- Include maps and pictures.
- Enjoy the traffic derived from a statewide marketing campaign to NJ housing consumers.
- The NJHRC provides sophisticated advertising.
- Market to the precise niche your housing is intended to serve. Market your units directly to those searching for Housing with Disability Features, Affordable Housing, Market Rate Housing, and/or For-sale Housing.
- Advertise low-income designated units located within market-rate developments.
- The NJHRC makes your job easier.
- Remove the listing after the unit has rented and avoid unwanted phone calls
- Help satisfy your affirmative marketing obligations
- Inform prospective tenants of your procedures, rules and requirements before they apply
II. A source of housing-related information
The HRC provides links to housing-related Web sites. You will find sites that
- Explain subsidy programs;
- Inform you of your rights and responsibilities as a landlord;
- Teach you how to screen tenants fairly, write leases that protect you, and perform evictions expeditiously;
- Stay current with your code and compliance obligations;
- Download frequently used forms;
- And much, much more!