State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Application Fees and Exam Dates
- Engineers-in-training $30.00
- Professional engineers $75.00
- Land surveyors-in-training $30.00
- Land surveyors $75.00
2015 Examination Dates
- April 17, 2015 (Principles & Practices of Engineering)
- Deadline for application: October 3, 2015
- Deadline for documents: December 5, 2015
- October 30, 2015 (Principles & Practices of Engineering)
- Deadline for application: April 17, 2015
- Deadline for documents: June 12, 2015
Fundamentals of Engineering and
Fundamentals of Land Surveying Examinations
Fundamentals of Engineering and Fundamentals of Land Surveying examinations will be offered during the months of January, February, April, May, July, August, October and November as computer based exams at Pearsons VUE testing centers. You may register at NCEES.org to sit for the FE & FS exams. Additional instructions and information regarding the computer based FE & FS exams can be found at cbt.NCEES.org.
- Application numbers will be assigned upon receipt of the completed application.
- Effective October 2008, PE examination will be given to all disciplines.
Metallurgical and Materials
Mining and Mineral
Navel Architecture and Marine
Electrical and Computer
Transcripts without application numbers will not be retained. It is your responsibility to request that your college/university submit an official transcript to this office with an application number. Although we have an official deadline date for applications and documents, you are advised to submit all paperwork as soon as possible so that it may be processed promptly. Meeting the document deadline ensures that your application will be reviewed for the next available examination. It does not guarantee that the Board will find you eligible to sit for the exam(s). It is your responsibility to contact the Board office to confirm that all of your documents have been received. Please refer to your assigned application number when calling.
- The professional licensing examinations (PE and PLS) will be offered at two locations.
- The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- West Trenton Volunteer Fire Department
The examination dates for the year 2014 & 2015 are as follows:
- April 17, 2015 (PE and PLS)
- October 30, 2015 (PE and PLS)
- April 15, 2016 (PE and PLS)
- October 28, 2016 (PE and PLS)
Note: Comity applicants - deadline dates do not apply to you.