Tips for Filing a Complaint
It is important that initial information given to DCR be as complete and accurate as possible. When a complaint is filed, it is helpful to bring the following information:
- Names and addresses of the person or persons alleged to have discriminated against you
- Names of possible witnesses
- Documentation to support that claim and the timing of the claim
- Documentation to support the damages being sought, such as wage statements and proof of medical expenses
- If you are filing an employment discrimination claim, please review The Employment Discrimination Complaint Pre-Interview Questionnaire (pdf). The form is intended to be used as a guide and we recommend that you review it. If you decide to file a complaint alleging employment discrimination, be prepared to provide the information requested in the questionnaire. You may not complete the questionnaire and send it to DCR. The completion of the questionnaire does not constitute an official filing of a complaint with DCR.