NJDOT announces upcoming traffic pattern changes at Route 30/130 Collingswood Circle
(Trenton)–The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) announced an upcoming weekend traffic pattern shift at the Route 30/130 Collingswood Circle in Camden County for concrete roadway repair work.
From Friday, May 16 at 8 p.m. to Monday, May 19 at 6 a.m., NJDOT will reduce Route 130 to a single lane of traffic for approximately 1,000 feet. In addition, Route 30/Old White Horse Pike will be closed in the vicinity of Route 130. Only emergency vehicles will be granted access to cross Route 130 at the intersection’s flashing traffic signal.
Route 30/Old White Horse Pike (OWHP) traffic will be detoured as follows:
• Route 130 southbound traffic to OWHP west will use Haddon Avenue.
• Route 130 southbound traffic to Route 30 eastbound will use Haddon Avenue to Collings Avenue.
• Route 130 northbound traffic to OWHP west will use Maple Avenue to Hadden Avenue.
• OWHP eastbound traffic to Route 130 will use Haddon Avenue.
• OWHP eastbound traffic to Route 30 eastbound will use Haddon Avenue to Collings Avenue.
• Route 30 westbound traffic to OWHP westbound will use Route 130 northbound to Haddon Avenue.
These traffic pattern changes are part of a $26.5 million project to eliminate the five-leg Collingswood Circle with an at-grade signalized intersection. NJDOT will complete the project in December 2008.
Variable Message Signs along Route 30 and Route 130 will inform motorists of the new traffic patterns. Real time travel and construction information is available online at www.njcommuter.com for emergency information.