This project will provide the following roadway enhancements:
- The New Jersey Department
of Transportation (NJDOT)
will extend Centre Boulevard
from a new signalized
intersection at Old Marlton
Pike to Route 70. A service
road will be constructed
from the Centre Boulevard
extension to provide access
to adjacent businesses.
- Extensive parking lot reconstruction will reconfigure parking
and maximize internal circulation at the following locations next
to the project site:
- ShopRite/Kohl's Shopping Center
- Marlton Crossings
- Marlton Greene
- Pietro's Restaurant
- Joe Canal's Liquor Store
- The former DeSimone BMW site
- A new service road will provide access to the Public Storage
and Cherry Valley Tractor sites from the new signalized intersection
of Route 70 and the northbound ramp from northbound Route 73.
- Pedestrian safety improvements such as curb ramps and crosswalks
will be installed.
- The project will feature the following Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS) elements:
- Fiber optic cable to connect traffic signals along the medians
of Route 70 and Route 73;
- traffic responsive signal systems;
- closed circuit television; and
- traffic monitoring and response from the New Jersey Department
of Transportation Traffic Operations Center.